Belgium is a nice country to visit for the purpose of tourism. You must have read many articles related to the tourist opportunities that are available in Belgium. However this article is going to be little different as we are not going to list any tourist attractions here, rather we will be mentioning some of the must visit cities and places of Belgium. Mentioning all the places was not possible for us; hence we have only discussed some of the most well-known places of Belgium in this article. The places are discussed in the headings below.
Some of the places or cities that one must visit at all cost while touring Belgium are as follows
- Brussels: Brussels is one of the main cities of Belgium and is located right in the heart of Europe. The fame of the city is growing each passing day. There are many must see destinations located in Brussels which attract the tourists towards it. Brussels is a mixed blend of different traditions, languages and cultures. The city also has the privilege of being headquarter of EU, NATO and many other organizations. The city is blessed with beauty and charm. The famous attractions of the city are La Grand Place (it is a medieval square constructed in the 13th century) and Mannekin Pis(a statue of little boy) etc.
- Antwerp: The city is known for its wonderful festival and restaurants. The city is also referred to as the “capital of cool”. The major attraction of the city is the compact center of Antwerp which is home to some beautiful buildings of the medieval era. The place also consists of many other buildings holding historical importance. The city is also well known for its art.
- Bruges:The city of Bruges is rich with history and has also been named as the UNESCO world heritage site. The city is home to some of the most wonderful restaurants and shopping centers. The city also has a canal, which means that you can use a boat as well to explore this wonderful city. Horse carriages are also available, which can be utilized for the city’s exploration.
- Ghent: The city is located right at the confluence of Scheldt and Leie rivers. The city is a port city of Belgium and is located at its north western side. The city is known for its historical sites and architecture. Some of the most popular tourist attractions of this wonderful city are Graslei and Gravensteen.
- Liege: The city is largely dominated by French speaking people and is located along the river of Meuse. The city is considered as the cultural and commercial Hub of Belgium. The city is famous for its historical land marks like Romanesque Collegiate Church and the Grand Curtius Museum houses
If you are planning a long tour to Belgium then do visit these cities. What we have mentioned is just the tip of an ice berg; practically visiting these cities will give you the real experience.